Concrete Countertops in Nashville
High-end concrete is one of the hottest trends for kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities. Concrete countertops are extremely versatile and can be used in a wide variety of interior design styles, including modern, industrial, and even farmhouse.
With that said, they do present some problems that may have you wondering whether real concrete countertops are all they’re cracked up to be.
The Downsides of Concrete Countertops
Despite its handcrafted beauty and versatility, concrete is not an ideal surface for bathrooms and kitchens. Concrete cracks easily, and it’s virtually impossible to have a slab poured without at least a few hairline fractures—even with perfect installation, high-quality sealant, and meticulous care. Concrete countertops are also more vulnerable than other surfaces to large fractures caused by settlement or pressure. And, unfortunately, these cracks often cannot be repaired and will most likely require replacing the entire slab.
Here are more concerns that real concrete countertops pose:
- Concrete is naturally porous, meaning it absorbs liquids that can lead to cracks, stains, and bacteria growth. Sealant must be initially applied during the installation process and re-applied at least once a year to prevent liquid absorption.
- Concrete is heavy, and concrete countertops can weigh around 20-25 pounds per square foot. This may require you to reinforce your cabinetry and flooring to improve their load-bearing capacity.
- The concrete material used for countertops is considered high-end and is one of the most expensive options for kitchen and bathroom surfaces.
- Though concrete is commonly used in less glamorous applications, crafting concrete slabs to use as countertops requires a lot of skill and experience.
Get the Look of Concrete With the Benefits of etherium® by E-stone
At Granite Transformations, we offer a line of surfaces that mimic the look of concrete countertops while offering homeowners the benefits of etherium® by E-stone.
The Benefits of etherium® by E-stone Concrete Countertops
- Each surface is sealed with ForeverSeal®, our proprietary polymer resin, which makes your countertops stain, heat, scratch, and mold resistant.
- With the help of our unique sealing agent, all surfaces are nonporous and will never need to be resealed.
- Because each slab is handcrafted in our own manufacturing facility in the U.S., we can guarantee the strength and durability of your countertop surface with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- etherium® by E-stone concrete countertops are made of a mixture of quartz and 78% post-consumer recycled glass, making them an eco-friendly option for your kitchen or bathroom remodel.
Call Granite Transformations Today for Concrete Countertop Installation!
Ready to transform your kitchen or bath with the look of handcrafted concrete slabs? Call Granite Transformations today to learn more!
How it Works
Done in a Day, Beautiful for Life
Give your kitchen or bathroom the gorgeous look it deserves, and without the stress of a messy demolition associated with the installation of ordinary countertop surfaces.
Schedule a FREE Design Consultation
Fill out our simple form and one of our design associates will contact you to discuss your project needs. You'll have access to our entire line, where you can view our products within your home and select the ones complement your aesthetic.
Receive Our All-Inclusive Quote
Straightforward, honest pricing is our motto. The quoted price is the price you will pay for your remodel. No low-balling or bait-and-switch with us.
Install & Enjoy
Our Employees ensure that your installation is completed with the utmost professionalism. Your satisfaction is guaranteed and our products are protected with a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Your new renovation is right around the corner.