Concrete Countertops in Farmington Hills
Concrete surfaces are one of the hottest new trends in interior design. Their rise in popularity can be attributed to their handcrafted beauty and versatility—they’ve come a long way from their industrial roots and can now be found in a wide variety of design styles. Whether your home’s style is modern or farmhouse, concrete countertops seem to be a rock-solid choice.
However, they do present some concerns that make us wonder if authentic concrete countertops are all they’re cracked up to be.
Authentic Concrete Surfaces: Why They’re Not All They’re Cracked Up to Be
Though we love the look of authentic concrete surfaces, they’re not the most ideal countertop material for bathrooms and kitchens. If concrete does one thing, it’s crack. Even when installed, sealed, and maintained perfectly, it’s impossible to have a concrete countertop without at least hairline cracks. They’re also susceptible to larger fractures due to pressure or natural home settlement—these cracks are almost impossible to repair and often require replacing the entire portion of the slab.
Here are a few other concerns that come with concrete surfaces:
- Concrete is porous in nature, and without proper sealant, can absorb liquids that lead to bacteria growth, cracks, and stains. Thus, you’ll have to seal natural concrete surfaces at least once a year.
- Concrete countertops are extremely heavy and weigh in at around 20-25 pounds per square foot. This often requires reinforcing cabinetry and flooring so they’re capable of bearing the load.
- Despite its common use, concrete is actually one of the more expensive countertop options. It’s considered a high-end material when used as countertops and their fabrication requires skill.
Get the Look of Concrete Countertops With the Benefits of etherium® by E-stone
At Granite Transformations, we offer a line of surfaces that mimic the look of concrete countertops yet boast the benefits of etherium® by E-stone. You’ll enjoy the aesthetic of concrete without the cracks, stains, weight, and expense.
etherium® by E-stone Concrete Countertops Benefits
- Sealed with our proprietary polymer resin, ForeverSeal®, all surfaces are heat, stain, scratch, mold, and mildew resistant.
- Our unique sealing agent ensures your concrete countertop surface is nonporous and will never need to be sealed, saving you both time and money.
- Each slab is handcrafted in our very own manufacturing facility, so the strength and durability of your countertop surface are guaranteed with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Made of quartz and 78% post-consumer recycled glass, etherium® by E-stone concrete countertops are an eco-friendly option for your kitchen or bathroom renovation.
Call Granite Transformations for Concrete Countertop Installation!
Ready to transform your kitchen or bath with the look of handcrafted concrete slabs? Call Granite Transformations today to learn more about our premium surfaces!
How it Works
Done in a Day, Beautiful for Life
Give your kitchen or bathroom the gorgeous look it deserves, and without the stress of a messy demolition associated with the installation of ordinary countertop surfaces.
Schedule a FREE Design Consultation
Fill out our simple form and one of our design associates will contact you to discuss your project needs. You'll have access to our entire line, where you can view our products within your home and select the ones complement your aesthetic.
Receive Our All-Inclusive Quote
Straightforward, honest pricing is our motto. The quoted price is the price you will pay for your remodel. No low-balling or bait-and-switch with us.
Install & Enjoy
Our Employees ensure that your installation is completed with the utmost professionalism. Your satisfaction is guaranteed and our products are protected with a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Your new renovation is right around the corner.