Our quartz countertop surfaces are designed to combine the quality and durability you need for everyday life with the colors and styles to match nearly any design aesthetic. These handcrafted quartz slabs are nonporous, stain, scratch and heat-resistant, maintenance-free, and guaranteed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Our quartz surfaces are ideal for kitchens and are also perfect for bathroom vanities, shower and tub surrounds, and tub-to-shower conversions. You’ll especially love our surfaces in your bathroom as they are mold and mildew-resistant. Our Natural Series is versatile and elegant, and will match nearly any cabinet color or backsplash design you choose. Let us help you start planning your renovation project. Find a location near you today, fill out the form, or call to schedule a free in-home design consultation.
Enjoy Endless Design Opportunities
Quartz is the perfect material for countertops—but why stop there? Durable, nonporous quartz surfaces are also ideal for laundry rooms, bathroom vanities, shower stalls, tub surrounds, and even walls and floors! In addition to its wide variety of uses, quartz slabs also offer a diverse selection of colors and patterns. Whether your style is vintage or contemporary, Granite Transformations carries a surface for you!
Quartz Countertops Colors and Patterns
White Quartz Countertops
White quartz countertops are the perfect way to bring timeless elegance to any home. Bringing white into your kitchen or bathroom can help it appear less cluttered and more inviting. Not only that, but you won’t have to worry about spills and messes staining your countertop surfaces. Like all quartz, our white quartz countertops are nonporous, meaning that those coffee and juice spills won’t leave a trace.
Gray Quartz Countertops
If you’re looking to swim against the mainstream when it comes to your countertop selection, we have options for you, too. Although white quartz countertops are all the rage, gray quartz countertops have earned a place in our hearts and homes as well. Our Pietra Serena sandstone inspired material combines beige, white, and grey tones for a truly elegant and timeless appearance.
Off-White, Warm Neutrals, and Cream Quartz
Choosing a warm neutral quartz countertop can help you balance a room that already has plenty of white accents. At Granite Transformations, we offer a variety of off-white quartz countertops for those looking to add a little warmth and dimension to their kitchen or bath.
Marble, Granite, and Concrete Engineered Stone Countertops
Want the benefits of quartz engineered stone and the look of granite, marble, or concrete? Then you’re in good hands. At Granite Transformations, we’ve designed quartz surfaces to mimic some of the most highly sought after countertop materials. Check out our other countertops and surfaces pages for our complete selection of slab options.
How Are Quartz Countertops Made?
You may have already discovered that the quartz manufacturing process is a little different than its natural stone countertop contenders. Although quartz is a naturally-occurring material, quartz countertops are manmade. This is because quartz is a mineral, not a stone like granite and marble. Minerals are the fundamental components of rock, meaning granite countertops are in part composed of quartz. That being said, pure quartz slabs can’t be quarried the same way granite can be. To make a quartz countertop, tiny particles of quartz are combined with other natural and recycled materials.
Going with a manmade material might be the best thing for you and the environment when it comes to countertops. Quartz is the second most abundant mineral on the Earth’s continental crust. Plus, it’s one of the world’s hardest minerals. Combine that with naturally-occurring stone, recycled materials, and ForeverSeal® (our polymer resin), and you have an extremely durable, eco-friendly surface.
Why Quartz Countertops Are the Perfect Choice for Your Kitchen, Bathroom, and Beyond
To sum things up, here are the top 5 reasons quartz make the best countertops, floors, walls, and backsplash:
5 Pros of Quartz Countertops:
- No natural fractures: Most natural slabs have naturally-occurring fractures throughout the stone. This requires regular sealing to ensure durability and sanitation. Quartz countertops, on the other hand, don’t have these fractures or the high-maintenance that come with them.
- Nonporous: Unlike authentic granite and concrete surfaces, quartz is nonporous and doesn’t need to be sealed year after year. This means that stain- and odor-causing liquids and bacteria can’t penetrate the surface. Additionally, with our proprietary polymer resin, ForeverSeal®, we can guarantee your surfaces are durable and scratch-, stain-, and heat-resistant.
- Unmatched Durability: As one of the strongest minerals in the world, quartz has unmatched durability when compared to granite and concrete.
- Low-maintenance: Don’t let countertop cleaning and resealing become another stressor in your busy schedule. To clean our quartz countertops, all you need to do is wipe the surface with soapy water! Just make sure to use hot pads and avoid using harsh chemicals to keep your countertops looking beautiful year after year.
- Versatility: With quartz, you have the world at your fingertips when it comes to colors, patterns, and styles. Whether you’re looking for quartz that resembles other popular materials or you want the look of traditional quartz, the material presents endless opportunities for design.
Call Granite Transformations of San Rafael for Quartz Countertop Installation Near You!
Want to check out our complete collection of engineered stone and quartz surfaces? Visit our showroom! Call today to receive your complimentary design consultation.