Timeless Kitchen Design ElementsOctober 1, 2014 // Posted in:
Last Updated on January 22, 2020
When it comes to kitchen design, homeowners rely on their personal styles to tailor their renovation according to their individual tastes. Turning to a more classic look can be the perfect balance of creating a timeless look with a personal flair. Granite Transformations offers a variety of options to custom design the perfect classic kitchen that will never go out of style.
1. Cabinetry: White or cream-colored cabinets define a timeless, classic kitchen style that will match nearly any countertop or backsplash.
2. Clean Architectural Details: Simple, classic details (like islands with legs, furniture-style toe kicks and crown molding) enhance a classic kitchen style and bring elegance to the décor.
3. Black Countertops: When it comes to classic color combinations, most would agree that two contrasting colors (e.g., white and black) is the way to go. Black recycled glass, quartz or granite countertops are excellent options if you are considering a classic black and white kitchen.
4. Subway Tile: Clean and classic, light colored subway tile is typically 3″x6″ but can be found today in more modern sizes, including 2″x6″, 2″x8″ or 2″x4″. Changing the proportions can instantly add a new look and dimension to your kitchen. Subway tiles are available in a variety of finishes and can be beveled, square-edged, or even handmade to fit your space. Granite Transformations offers a variety of beautiful Subway Glass Mosaic Tile colors to choose from.
5. Door Styles: Keeping cabinet door styles simple and not too modern is another element of a classic kitchen design. Shaker doors with bead molding are perfect examples of this classic style.
6. Neutral Color Palettes: Mixing neutral colors with white is a safe bet when you want a classic look with just a splash of color or character. Some homeowners choose a brown and white combination (like walnut cabinets with white granite or recycled glass countertops, or white cabinets with gray countertops).
7. Adaptability: One of the main advantages of a classic kitchen is that you can completely change the look with just a few additions. Mixing in modern lighting fixtures or bar stools, for example, can easily bring a new feel to your kitchen – without taking away its classic look.
Granite Transformations offers complimentary in-home design consultations with professional design specialists. Whether you’re considering a complete kitchen renovation or just a quick facelift, Granite Transformations can help make the process easy and stress-free. Please feel free to your comments about this post or if you have other ideas about a timeless kitchen and would like to share with us and our readers.