Fun Accessorizing Ideas to Welcome Summer into Your HomeJuly 1, 2015 // Posted in:
Last Updated on July 1, 2015
Whether you’re having fun in the sun and sand or in your backyard hammock with your favorite book, summer is the season to embrace all things relaxed and casual. Creating a summer-filled atmosphere in your home is easier than you think. If you’re preparing for a festive Fourth of July party, having a family BBQ in the backyard, or planning a staycation this summer, here are nine seasonal ideas to transform your home into a summer space you won’t want to leave.
1. Plant a tower of flowers in patriotic colors and add some flags to mark the day. It’s an easy way to add beauty to your yard and transforms easily for all occasions.
2. Create a fireworks display on your table by adding spider mums to different shaped vases or glasses. It’s a simple and fun way to dress up your table.
3. “Wow” your guests with this edible tropical fruit centerpiece that’s filled with a selection of fruit that’s in season, such as grapes, peaches, strawberries, grapefruit fruit and fig. Add some citrus leaves and fresh flowers to round out the look. You can also create a crudité centerpiece that resembles a vegetable patch and watch your guests dive right in. Perfect for next summer soiree.
4. Add a touch of the shore to your home. Decorating a mirror or picture frame with beautiful sea shells will add elegant contrast to the décor of your home. Whether you live in the mountains or by the sea, shells add a touch of whimsy and mystery to any style.
6. Even the most traditional homes can reveal a nautical syle with creative design ideas like this stairway adornment. Nautical style ships and baskets adorn the wall shelf in this bathroom creating a beachy, relaxed feel.
7. Floating candles add a glow to any table. Whether floating in a bowl with fresh flowers or topping off a beautiful spray of flowers in clear cylinders as pictured here, they are a hostess’ best friend when a quick splash of elegance is needed.
8. Adding yellow and blue colored lights around your umbrella and nearby tree is a fun way to add light and a spalsh of summer to your outdoor living space. The blue is cool and calming, creating the perfect atmosphere for your next summer gathering.
9. Adding fun and decorative throw pillows to your window seat, couch or favorite chair is an easy and inexpensive way to welcome a new season into your home – without going through the fuss of redecorating.
We hope you enjoyed these fun home accessorizing tips! If you are looking to make over your kitchen or bathroom, but aren’t sure where to start, get in touch with Granite Transformations to schedule your free in-home consultation. When you sign up, you’ll also receive our complementary “Remodeling Starter Guide,” which will walk you through the remodeling process. Happy decorating!