Summer Projects to Soothe Your SoulJuly 26, 2021 // Posted in:
Last Updated on July 26, 2021
Life is all about balance. If the year 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that we all need to carve out some “me” time and create soothing spaces to nurture our well-being. Let’s face it: We all have a better time when we feel our best.
This month, Granite and TREND Transformations is featuring some beautiful ways you can refresh your home and nurture your soul to bring peace and balance to your life. So, sit back, relax, and get inspired!
Color your world
Color can have a powerful effect on your mood. Were you aware that when some people see the color red, it often makes them feel anxious, whereas other colors—such as blue and green—bring a sense of calm? Decorating your favorite rooms in soothing colors is an easy and fun way to turn your space into a relaxing retreat. Whether you choose to paint, hang wallpaper, or decorate with area rugs and throw pillows, incorporating soothing colors into your space can ease your spirit. Here are the top soothing colors along with the feelings they bring:
- Blue—Peaceful, calm, and gentle, the color blue can calm your mind and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Green—Symbolizing nature, the color green comforts the soul and makes you feel refreshed.
- Pink—Promotes tranquility, peace and balances the energies in a room.
- White—Symbolizing clarity and freshness, the color white can bring clarity to your thoughts.
- Violet—Signifying strength, peace and wisdom, the color violet has the capacity to bring balance and a feeling of inner peace.
- Grey—Brings a soothing and cooling presence and can create a relaxing atmosphere when paired with blues and whites.
Create a spa-like bathroom
Summertime is the best season to think about transforming your bathroom into a spa-like retreat. With just a few tweaks, you could be soaking up the luxury and pampering you deserve. Here are some easy ways to make this happen:
- Splurge on soft, fluffy towels. (Think about the soothing colors we discussed above when making your choices.)
- Indulge in a rainfall showerhead and enjoy the experience of cascading water flowing over your body.
- Soak away your stress in a soothing bath. Try using hints of aromatherapy, oils, or even bubbles!
- Hang eucalyptus in your shower. You’ll be amazed at the calming effect it can have on your mind. Plus, it smells great!
Don’t forget: The design professionals at Granite and TREND Transformations can help you create the bathroom of your dreams. And it can be completed in less time than you think. Not sure what look you’re going for? Check out our Visualizer Tool. It’s a cool technological innovation that allows you to see what your bathroom will look like BEFORE the renovation. Need some inspiration? Check out our favorite looks here.
Getting back to nature
There’s just something about plants that instantly brings a sense of calm to a room—not to mention beauty and some major health benefits. If you’re looking for a beautiful and easy way to soothe your soul, decorating with plants is the way to go. Not sure which plants are best? Check out our blog, “Best Indoor Plants for Your Optimum Health.”
We all can’t be best-selling authors; however, expressing yourself through the written word is known to be one of the best ways to release stress and calm your mind. Whether you jot down your thoughts at the end of the day or find a quiet spot in the shade on a summer’s day, keeping a journal is one of the best ways to express yourself.
Dabbling in the arts
The arts bring out the expressionist in all of us. Whether you’re one to draw stick figures or create a stunning masterpiece, trying your hand at painting, ceramics, artistic movement, or whatever moves you, is a wonderful way to set your mind on “pause” and do what brings you peace and happiness.
Taking nature walks is a great way to spend family time and explore the beauty of the great outdoors. Whether it’s hitting the trails of your favorite park or even taking a walk on the beach, immersing yourself in a natural setting can renew your energy and reset your mind for better well-being.
We hope you enjoyed this month’s blog from Granite and TREND Transformations. Whether you try one—or more—of the summer project ideas listed above, the goal is to make the effort and take the time to practice whatever it is that brings you peace and relaxation. If you’re thinking about a kitchen or bath renovation, now is a great time to explore our beautiful line of etherium® By E-Stone surfaces. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home, or virtual, design consultation with one of our design specialists. We look forward to hearing from you.