Concrete surfaces are one of the hottest new trends in interior design. Their rise in popularity can be attributed to their handcrafted beauty and versatility—they’ve come a long way from their industrial roots and can now be found in a wide variety of design styles. Whether your home’s style is modern or farmhouse, concrete countertops seem to be a rock-solid choice.
However, they do present some concerns that make us wonder if authentic concrete countertops are all they’re cracked up to be.
Authentic Concrete Surfaces: Why They’re Not All They’re Cracked Up to Be
Though we love the look of authentic concrete surfaces, they’re not the most ideal countertop material for bathrooms and kitchens. If concrete does one thing, it’s crack. Even when installed, sealed, and maintained perfectly, it’s impossible to have a concrete countertop without at least hairline cracks. They’re also susceptible to larger fractures due to pressure or natural home settlement—these cracks are almost impossible to repair and often require replacing the entire portion of the slab.
Here are a few other concerns that come with concrete surfaces:
- Concrete is porous in nature, and without proper sealant, can absorb liquids that lead to bacteria growth, cracks, and stains. Thus, you’ll have to seal natural concrete surfaces at least once a year.
- Concrete countertops are extremely heavy and weigh in at around 20-25 pounds per square foot. This often requires reinforcing cabinetry and flooring so they’re capable of bearing the load.
- Despite its common use, concrete is actually one of the more expensive countertop options. It’s considered a high-end material when used as countertops and their fabrication requires skill.
Get the Look of Concrete Countertops With the Benefits of etherium® by E-stone
At Granite Transformations, we offer a line of surfaces that mimic the look of concrete countertops yet boast the benefits of etherium® by E-stone. You’ll enjoy the aesthetic of concrete without the cracks, stains, weight, and expense.
etherium® by E-stone Concrete Countertops Benefits
- Sealed with our proprietary polymer resin, ForeverSeal®, all surfaces are heat, stain, scratch, mold, and mildew resistant.
- Our unique sealing agent ensures your concrete countertop surface is nonporous and will never need to be sealed, saving you both time and money.
- Each slab is handcrafted in our very own manufacturing facility, so the strength and durability of your countertop surface are guaranteed with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Made of quartz and 78% post-consumer recycled glass, etherium® by E-stone concrete countertops are an eco-friendly option for your kitchen or bathroom renovation.
Call Granite Transformations for Concrete Countertop Installation!
Ready to transform your kitchen or bath with the look of handcrafted concrete slabs? Call Granite Transformations today to learn more about our premium surfaces!
Transforming your seldom-used or outdated tub into a spacious, luxurious walk-in shower can give your bathroom a fast and practical upgrade. Granite Transformations of Spokane specializes in bathroom renovations, including shower remodeling and tub to shower conversions.
Why a Tub to Shower Conversion?
Choosing to convert your tub into a shower can be rewarding, especially if you already have a functioning bathtub elsewhere in the home. Here are three ways a tub to shower conversion can add value to your home:
- A tub to shower conversion can free up valuable space in small guest baths. Large tubs can mean less room for storage, getting dressed, and counter space.
- For those who use mobility aids, showers make bathing more convenient. A zero-threshold shower can make entering and exiting easier for those who use wheelchairs, walkers, or other mobility aids by removing large walls and curbs that need to be stepped over.
- Large tubs and busy shower curtains can take up space and make a room feel crowded. Showers, especially walk-ins with clear glass doors, make a bathroom of any size feel open and spacious.
Need Bathtub Remodeling?
Bathtubs can hold their weight in value, especially when it comes to the homes of families with young children and dogs. For this reason, real estate agents often advise homeowners against a tub to shower conversion when there is only one bathtub in the house. But what if your sole bathtub is large and outdated? Granite Transformations can help! A new tub surround can dramatically improve your bathroom. Call today for more information about how we can transform your tub!
Design Options for Tub to Shower Conversions
At Granite Transformations, we offer a wide range of countertops, cabinets, tiles, and slabs for your bathroom remodeling and tub to shower conversion projects. You won’t have to settle for boring fiberglass or acrylic shower stalls ever again.
It’s no surprise that recycled glass countertops are a trend that’s catching quickly. Made of up to 78% post-consumer recycled materials and available in a wide range of colors and designs, they’re both eco-friendly and unique. Interested in installing recycled glass countertops in your kitchen or bathroom? Call Granite Transformations of Spokane today to learn more about our product line, as well as the selection and installation process!
Recycled Glass Countertops Colors and Product Line
From calming blue to sophisticated black, our recycled glass countertop product line offers a wide range of colors and patterns for every taste and style.
Introducing etherium® by E-Stone
Can’t decide between the look of rare, natural stone and the environmental-friendliness of recycled glass? For those wanting to ensure their kitchen or bathroom remodel is as eco-friendly as possible but love the look of stone cut from quarry, etherium® by E-Stone is the perfect option. etherium™ by E-Stone resembles some of the world’s rarest quarried slabs—yet is made up of small pieces of 78% post-consumer recycled material. The recycled glass in combination with common stone and quartz allows us to provide highly-durable, scratch, stain, and impact resistant countertops that come in a beautiful array of colors and styles.
Recycled Glass Countertops Q&A
Are recycled glass countertops durable?
Our recycled glass countertops are highly durable. Made for everyday use, recycled glass countertops are scratch, stain, and impact resistant. However, you’ll still want to take good care of your countertops to keep them in peak condition. Avoid using sharp objects directly on the surface and don’t leave highly acidic juices or harsh chemicals on them for too long.
How much do recycled glass countertops cost?
The price of purchasing and installing recycled glass countertops will depend on the amount of material needed as well as the specific product you choose. Our recycled glass countertops are made with a mixture of recycled glass and natural stone, quartz, porcelain, granite, or a combination.
Where can I buy recycled glass countertops?
Granite Transformations of Spokane offers a collection of recycled glass countertops, with options ranging from beautiful blue crushed glass to sparkling white quartz. While shopping for recycled glass kitchen countertops, keep in mind that not all glass countertops are created the same, and not all suppliers offer durable products. At Granite Transformations, you can trust the quality of our products which are all backed by a lifetime limited warranty.