Revitalize Your Kitchen in Time for Football SeasonAugust 24, 2010 // Posted in:
During the month of September, most Americans know that football season begins, and unless you are able to travel to every game, that also means the start of football party season. It’s much easier to go to a party than throw one, but eventually your friends will notice that you haven’t hosted one since Brett Favre retired the first time, and it will be your turn.
As most know, the kitchen is known as the heart of the home and often the center of any party, so for homeowners, it’s important that their kitchen is up to par for entertaining guests. According to a recent survey by remodelormove.com, 85 percent of those surveyed say they would likely remodel within the year and not surprisingly, the room that consumers want to remodel the most is the kitchen.
For most, any renovation can be time-consuming and often a hassle, but if you really want to change the look of your kitchen before the big game, the best solution is Granite Transformations. Whether you need countertops, cabinets, or a backsplash, Granite Transformations can do it all and in just a few days. By choosing Granite Transformations’ countertop overlays and cabinet refacing rather than replacing, you will save time, aggravation and money.
Granite Transformations uses the best products including Trend Stone, Trend Glass and Trend Mosaic. These high quality products will add value and charm to any home. The best attributes about these products is that there is no messy demolition required to install, most installations can be done in only one day, the countertops resist heat, cold, stains, scratches and more and are maintenance free.
In addition, for consumers that plan to keep the same kitchen layout and want to change the look of their cabinets, cabinet refacing is the ideal choice for you. With no demolition required, Granite Transformations’ dedicated staff measures, crafts and installs custom cabinet doors, drawers and hardware that are more cost-effective then replacing cabinets entirely.
In only a few days, your kitchen can be party ready, and you can bet all of your guests will comment on the beautiful look of your kitchen remodel. Once you’ve got the kitchen of your dreams secured you’ll be able to entertain with the best of them.
You’re ready for the football season and you are planning to have all your buddies (and their spouses and children) over every Sunday, but how do you entertain all those people during half-time and what do you feed them? Here are a few simple tips to help ensure you have a foul-free event.
• Stock up on enough fun prizes such as footballs, pennants, drink cups, and team clothing items so that everyone will go home feeling like a winner.
• Don’t say “football” game. At the beginning of halftime, give your guests small paper footballs to stick onto their chests with double-sided tape. Tell everyone they’re not allowed to say the word “football” while in conversation during halftime. If a guest hears someone use the word, they can take the football from the offending party. The person who collects the most footballs is the winner.
• If you have younger guests at your party, organize a game of hot potato with a football. The last person left in the circle is the winner.
• Serve easy to make food such as Layered Dips. What would a football party be without plenty of chips and dips for dunking and scooping? Chili is also a great dish to serve since it can be served in large mugs that your guests can walk around and hold while watching the game.
Create the Perfect Space to Watch the Game:
• Ensure you have a stylish AND comfortable sofa – there are lots of options these days for sofas that have traditional lines and details that are also super-
• While newer flat-screen television sets are generally viewable even in brightly lit rooms, you still need to avoid setting up the TV facing large windows or doors – or any other place in the room – where sunlight will fall directly across the screen.
• Don’t buy a TV that is too big for your room. As a rule-of-thumb, you need between two to three times the screen width as your minimum viewing distance for screen sizes 42-inch and above. This means that you need around 9 feet viewing distance for a standard 42-inch television set. This can be reduced when watching high definition content to an absolute minimum of 5 feet.
• Don’t mount your TV too high. Ideally, the center of the screen should be at eye level when seated. Typically, this would correspond to having the center of the display panel set at 40 to 45 inches off the floor. This is the position that will result in a minimum of eye and neck movement during TV viewing.
Get ready for the season!