Modern Day Valentine’s Day Ideas for Couples – and SinglesFebruary 4, 2020 // Posted in:
Last Updated on February 4, 2020
Modern Day Valentine’s Day Ideas for Couples – and Singles
Valentine’s Day is taking on a new twist as couples and singles alike are celebrating this day of love in a whole different way. You don’t have to be in love to celebrate Valentine’s Day. In fact, one of the notions behind the holiday is to simply show your love – whether it be to a significant other, friend, family member, or even showing yourself some love with a “me” day.
Yes, the traditional hearts, roses and chocolates are here to stay, but the pressure of planning the perfect date night (or the stigma of not having a date) is being replaced with more relaxed and friend-friendly celebrations.
And, don’t forget the month of February is a great time to show your home some love, too. Granite and TREND Transformations’ beautiful etherium® by E-Stone surfaces can make ordinary kitchens and baths extraordinary – with most jobs completed in one day.
This month, we have put together some fun ways of how everyone – singles and couples – can celebrate their best Valentine’s Day.
Gentlemen: You can ease up on booking the trendiest restaurant in town this Valentine’s Day – unless that’s your plan. Romance is finding its way into unsuspecting and familiar places, making this day of romance less cliché and a bit more thoughtful. And, ladies: You can switch things up for your man by surprising him with some of his favorites, too. Here are some fun Valentine’s Day ideas to keep the romance alive on the holiday and throughout the year:
- Home is where the heart is—What better place to spend a romantic evening than in the comfort of your own home? Busy restaurants can take the romance out of the night. Here are some fun ways to spend a romantic night together at home:
- Champagne and music—Set the mood with your favorite love songs while sipping champagne or your favorite cocktails.
- Candlelit dinner—If you choose to cook, it’s best to plan the menu in advance. Some couples love cooking together, while others would rather order in. Either way, setting a beautiful table and sharing your favorite meal together with no interruptions is a great way to enjoy a stress-free Valentine’s Day dinner. And don’t forget to include chocolate in the menu. Try chocolate-covered strawberries or a decadent chocolate dessert. It’s a natural aphrodisiac. Enough said.
- Karaoke—Yes, karaoke. It may sound silly but lip-synching to your favorite songs is liberating and a fun way to spend the night together while enjoying each other’s company. The best part is that even if you can’t sing, your partner will love your carefree spirit in a no-judgement zone.
- Movie night—Skip the lines and advanced ticket purchases and enjoy a movie night at home. Pop your own popcorn and munch on your favorite snacks while cuddled up on the couch in your comfy clothes. With the advent of streaming services and numerous cable channels, you can have access to thousands of movies. (Just be sure to decide on what movie to watch before the night begins.)
- Video games—Ladies, this may not be your thing, but it might something your man likes to play. Indulge him for the night, and surprise him with some video game time. You can play together or have him teach you if you’re not familiar. It’s a great way to compromise – especially if he just sat through a romantic comedy movie with you.
- Plan an activity—Skipping the restaurant scene and planning an activity is a great way to spend time together while experiencing your similar interests. Whether you surprise your partner or plan together, spending quality time with each other is what counts. Here are some cool Valentine’s Day ideas on how to spend the day, along with some others – depending on where you live in the country:
- See a concert, play or show
- Go hiking or camping
- Go ice skating or skiing
- Take a nature walk
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Take a scenic drive and stop along the way for a romantic lunch or picnic
- Plan a treasure hunt
Galentine’s Day Ideas
Single ladies are embracing Valentine’s Day with their BFFs by doing what they love most: Sharing stories, cutting loose, and having fun. Whether you’re hosting your own Galentine’s Day party or going out with your friends, we have some fun ideas for single ladies to celebrate the holiday together.
- Singles party—First things first. Remove the romance and make it all about celebrating individuality and independence. Decorate your space with red and whites. (Skip the hearts.) Plan a fuss-free menu with a specialty drink or cocktail. (Be sure to offer non-alcoholic selections, too.) Organize a game night where everyone can get involved to keep the night moving along. If you’re having just a few of your besties over, make it more relaxed and ask them to come dressed in their comfy clothes or even pajamas. Surprise them with fuzzy slippers or a box of chocolate, and maybe plan a movie night with comfort food and snacks. And don’t forget to make time for camaraderie. You may want to crank up the music and have a dance-off. Dancing is a great stress-reliever and can be one of the best ways to relieve yourself of any burdens you’ve been carrying.
- Night on the town—Going out on Valentine’s Day with your friends is a great way to show the world you don’t need a partner to feel loved and have fun. Choose a great restaurant, order some champagne and enjoy a fabulous dinner together, or plan a paint night or night on the town. Consider chipping in for a limousine or even a day of pampering at a fabulous spa or salon.
Guys matter, too. (Sorry ladies, it’s not always about you.) Men have feelings and aren’t thrilled about being alone on this day either. Here are some Valentine’s Day ideas for single men:
- Treating themselves to a massage or beard trim.
- Buying themselves something they’ve had their eye on for a while.
- Lighting up a cigar and sipping a good whiskey, cognac or scotch.
- Hanging out with friends and watching a sporting event, playing billiards, darts, or even a friendly poker game.
Contact Granite and TREND Transformations for a free in-home design consultation and see how easy and stress-free the process can be.