Make Your Home Holiday ReadyNovember 27, 2012 // Posted in:
Last Updated on November 27, 2012
Decorating for the holidays is the perfect way to get into the spirit of the season, but if you’re not careful it can put a dent in your holiday budget. Decking the halls doesn’t have to be expensive. These tips will lead you to a home and wallet still full of holiday cheer!
- Branch out. Use natural elements outside your home to bring the holiday spirit inside. Try using evergreen branches along with berries and pinecones to create beautiful centerpieces. Adding a little faux snow or glitter can turn these outside elements into festive décor.
- Share the season’s greetings. Instead of collecting your holiday cards in a basket, display them in a creative way for all to see. Prop cards on the mantel or create a hanging banner to tack on the mantel or drape down the hall.
- Let is glow. Candles are a great and inexpensive way to warm up your home for the holidays. Try using scented or festive colored candles for centerpieces or place small tea candles throughout your home. Not only will you home feel cozy and inviting, it will smell delicious!
- Change things up. Rearrange your furniture so that the focal point is your fireplace, where you hang your stocking or your Christmas tree or simply rearrange to a layout meant for cozy conversation.
- Be original with ornaments. Ornaments are a valuable asset, not only are they inexpensive, but they come in all sizes, shapes and colors. Filling clear vases with glass ornaments makes beautiful centerpieces and hanging ornaments from chandeliers adds a festive touch.
For more ideas on making your home holiday ready, visit the HGTV website.