Fact or Fiction Quiz: Test Your Knowledge on How Microban® Antimicrobial Technology Can Make etherium® by E-Stone Surfaces Cleaner, Fresher and More DurableJuly 7, 2020 // Posted in:
Keeping your kitchen and bathrooms cleaner and fresher is more important today than ever before. But how do we keep up with it all? Imagine if there was a way your countertops could lend a hand in doing some of the work. Granite and TREND Transformations’ etherium® by E-Stone surfaces are now enhanced with Microban® antimicrobial product protection to stay cleaner, fresher, and more durable for longer.
This month, we have put together a fun quiz on some of the facts and fictions about Microban® antimicrobial technology and how it ties in to our beautiful etherium® by E-Stone surfaces. See how many you know. The answers may surprise you. No cheating! You can check your answers below.
FACT OR FICTION?
- Our etherium® by E-Stone surfaces are the only engineered stone products to offer 24/7 Microban®
- Microban® antimicrobial protection will inhibit the growth of most common bacteria, yeasts, molds, and fungi.
- Antimicrobial means the same as antibacterial.
- Microban® is built-in technology that creates unsuitable conditions for microbes to survive and multiply. The technology will not wash off, leach out or wear away.
- Microban® product protection reduces the need for regular cleaning.
- Microban® antimicrobial additives have a long history of safe use, across a wide range of product types.
- Microban® antimicrobial technology makes the surfaces more difficult to clean than untreated surfaces.
- Microban® product protection takes a few hours to work after a microorganism comes in contact with the protected surface.
- Microban® technology is approved for use in food contact applications.
- Microban® technology can be potentially harmful for the environment via wastewater.
Extra Credit: It’s easy to see how beautiful etherium® by E-Stone surfaces from Granite and TREND Transformations can look in my home.
Let’s see how well you did.
- FACT: Our exclusive partnership with Microban® makes it possible. Microban® works continuously by actively reducing the growth of bacteria 24 hours a day/7 day a week.
- FACT: Not only does Microban® antimicrobial protection inhibit the growth of most common bacteria, it has even been proven effective against a broad spectrum of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.
- FICTION: Antimicrobial technologies minimize the presence of bacteria, mold, and fungi** and offer a greater level of product protection by continuously inhibiting the growth of microbes on surfaces for very long periods of time. In contrast, antibacterial technologies, which are not covered with Microban® technology, are effective against a broad spectrum of harmful bacteria including E. coli and MRSA.*
- FACT: Microban® antimicrobial technology is permanently built into our etherium® by E-Stone surfaces during the manufacturing process, providing an added level of product protection against the growth of bacteria. The technology efficacy lasts for the lifetime of the product.
- FICTION: Microban® antimicrobial technology is designed to complement existing cleaning practices and should not replace them. Regular cleaning practices should be maintained.
- FACT: The biocidal active components of Microban® antimicrobial additives are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Once the additives are built into products like etherium® by E-Stone, the products become known as treated articles and are proven safe and effective for their specific end use applications.
- FICTION: Products with built-in Microban®, like our etherium® by E-Stone surfaces, are easier to clean and stay cleaner between cleanings. Product cleanliness is visibly improved without affecting the appearance, functions, or durability of the product.
- FICTION: Microban® protection begins to work as soon as a microorganism comes into contact with the product surface. It then works continuously to maintain a consistently lower bio-burden than would be expected on a product without Microban® protection.
- FACT: Microban® has food contact additives that are registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States of America.
- FICTION: Microban® is safe and effective antimicrobial technology. It is unable to enter the wastewater as it is bound into the solid treated product during manufacture. Therefore, the potential to leach is negligible.
Extra Credit: FACT. Granite and TREND Transformations now offers virtual consultations in addition to our in-home consultations. And, as always, these consultations are complimentary. Better yet, our new Visualizer tool allows you to pick and choose from our beautiful selections of cabinets, countertops, backsplashes, and more – right before your eyes. You can switch up colors and patterns as many times as you like until you create the space of your dreams.
We hope this fun and informative quiz has answered some of your questions about Microban® antimicrobial technology. No matter how many questions you answered correctly, you now have the knowledge as an educated consumer to make the best choice the next time you’re in the market for a new countertop. And don’ forget: Many Granite and TREND Transformations jobs can be completed in as little as one day. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation – either in-home or virtual – and also learn more about Microban® antimicrobial technology.
*Treated product efficacy claims against specific microbes are dependent on the results of laboratory testing. The naming of specific microbes is not allowed in North America marketing and selling materials.
**Subject to the performance properties of the specific active ingredient manufactured in your product.