The Truth About Engineered Stone & Natural Stone CountertopsJuly 4, 2018 // Posted in:
Last Updated on July 4, 2018
Just as you can’t judge a book by its cover, the same goes for thinking natural stone countertops are better than engineered stone countertops. Let’s face it: Most people think natural stone is the “real deal,” so anything else just doesn’t stack up. The truth is, today’s homeowners are “seeing the light,” as the benefits of engineered stone countertops make it the better choice.
What is engineered stone?
Unlike natural stone, which is harvested from the Earth, engineered stone is a cut above. This is because it is made from real stone and then combined with a strong resin to make it even more durable and stronger than natural stone. Granite and Trend Transformations uses ForeverSeal®, a proprietary sealing ingredient which makes its surfaces stronger, more durable, and easier to maintain than natural stone – which is porous and costly to seal, replace and repair. With ForeverSeal® mixed right into the product, customers have peace of mind knowing their countertops will look beautiful for years to come without the need to ever be sealed. It’s luxury without the maintenance.
Why engineered stone is better
On the surface, natural stone and engineered stone can be virtually identical. In fact, consumers are doing double takes when they see how some of the latest engineered stone countertop designs are bolder and more exotic than ever before.
Are you shopping for a sleek and stylish look for your kitchen or bath? Here are some of the top reasons why engineered stone (from Granite and Trend Transformations) is the better choice than natural stone:
- Extremely durable – Engineered stone countertops are unlikely to chip or crack and are heat, stain and scratch-resistant, as well as resistant to stubborn bacteria, mold and mildew, which makes them a truly hygienic choice (especially in bathrooms).
- Low maintenance luxury – Unlike natural stone countertops, which need to be sealed every year, engineered stone countertops never need sealing, thus making them easier to care for.
- Beautiful, consistent look – The look of engineered stone is consistent throughout, so what you see is what you get. This is not the case with natural stone slabs, which can include unsightly veins, inconsistent coloring and major pattern variations.
- Eco-friendly – Engineered stone is nonporous, making it a safer surface than natural stone, which is porous and can be a possible breeding ground for bacteria. In the case of Granite and Trend Transformations, you’ll also be doing your part for the environment as our unique overlay process prevents tons of waste from entering landfills each year.
- Guaranteed for life – Granite and Trend Transformations is committed to quality. That’s why our countertop products are backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty to give you the peace of mind you deserve for lifelong beauty.
- Range of colors and styles – you can’t get the same range of colors and styles with natural stone countertops that you can with engineered stone countertops. Check out the selection of countertops and surfaces from Granite and Trend Transformations – you’re sure to find something you’ll love!
Seeing is believing
Would you like to see how engineered countertops would look in your home? Look no further than Granite and Trend Transformations. Contact us today for a free in-home design consultation. Our trained design consultants will bring the samples to you, so you can see for yourself, in your home. And as most jobs can be completed in as little as one day, your dreams of new countertops may be closer than you think.