Customizing Your Engineered Stone Countertops: Edge Profiles and FinishesDecember 28, 2023 // Posted in:
Last Updated on December 28, 2023
Engineered stone countertops have become increasingly popular among homeowners looking for an updated and stylish look for their kitchens and bathrooms. They are highly durable, aesthetically appealing, and low-maintenance. However, many people don’t realize that they are also highly customizable. You start by choosing a surface in a color and style that suits your overall décor. From there, customizing your engineered stone countertops is quite easy. Taking this additional step will produce a personalized and stunning finished product.
Countertop Edge Profiles
The term edge profile refers to the final shape and design of the countertop’s edges. While it is a seemingly small detail, it can significantly impact the overall appearance of your new stone surface. Some of the most common countertop edge profiles include:
- Straight Edge: These clean and minimalist designs have a squared-off edge ideal for modern and contemporary settings.
- Beveled Edge: The sharp angle of beveled edges creates a well-defined and elegant frame for your stone surface.
- Bullnose Edge: Rounded on the top and bottom, this smooth profile fits any kitchen. You can choose a full or half bullnose edge.
- Ogee Edge: This sleek and elegant edge profile is characterized by an S-shaped curve.
Countertop Edge Finishes
Ensure your engineered stone countertop fully shows off your design aesthetic with a unique countertop edge finish. The right one will help improve its texture and appearance. Some common edge finishes include:
- Polished Finish: For a clean, elegant look, a polished finish provides a glossy, mirrored effect.
- Honed Finish: A honed finish provides a smooth surface with less of a polished reflection than a polished finish.
- Leathered Finish: While this finish is relatively new, it is growing in popularity. A brushed or leathered finish enhances the natural feel of the stone, with a sheen more muted than a polished finish, with a textured surface that preserves the natural color of the stone.
Are you ready to explore your options for customizing an engineered stone countertop for your kitchen or bathroom space? Reach out to Granite and TREND Transformations today to schedule your free in-home design consultation or try out our 3D Design Tool now to get creative with your customization!