Concrete Countertops – Are They Worth It?February 19, 2018 // Posted in:
Last Updated on February 19, 2018
Concrete countertops are gaining popularity for their durability and ability to infuse a rustic, industrial or even farmhouse style into any space – but some drawbacks have homeowners asking themselves, “Are they worth the investment?” We’ll let you decide.
Just as the name implies, concrete countertops are made from a mixture of general-purpose mortar, sand and pigments, which makes them a strong countertop choice. Homeowners love the unique beauty and rustic appeal, as they lend a new dimension and style to today’s kitchens. There are several pros and cons of concrete countertops which can help you decide whether they are the right choice for your remodeling project.
Pros of Concrete Countertops:
· Customizable to suit any décor by staining or adding pigments to transform the surface into a unique look that’s all your own
· Can be formed into various shapes
· Virtually indestructible
Cons of Concrete Countertops:
· Require regular sealing
· Stain easily (even when sealed, markings from spills will be visible)
· Installation can be tricky, depending on if you opt for a concrete slab or poured concrete
· They can easily crack
· Can be expensive, depending on custom options such as finishes and embedded stones and tiles
· Can be hard on glasses and dishware
· You cannot cut directly on the surface
· Porous in nature, which means the concrete will likely absorb and retain moisture and bacteria
A Better Alternative – Concrete Look without the Drawbacks
The Concrete Collection from TREND and Granite Transformations has the look of concrete but is actually made from quartz – so you’re getting all the benefits of quartz with the look of concrete.
Our Concrete Collection contains two colors:
- Portland White – has lighter gray and white tones with striations
- Portland Silver – is a darker, more solid charcoal gray
TREND and Granite Transformations Concrete Kitchen Countertops are:
· Mold and mildew-resistant
· Easy to maintain
· Never need sealing
View our full list of Advantages
View our full palette of countertop colors, including all our collections. If there’s one you think might work for your design style or vision, find a location near you and give us a call. We’ll come to your home for a free design consultation and provide you with an all-inclusive quote. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how fast and easy the remodeling process is with us. See how it works, and we look forward to hearing from you!