Quick Kitchen Makeover – 9 Things You Can Do Before Holiday Guests ArriveDecember 9, 2014 // Posted in:
Last Updated on September 8, 2022
Are you hosting holiday gatherings this year? Do you feel like your kitchen doesn’t quite look presentable? Well Granite Transformations has some quick and easy kitchen makeover updates you can do to your kitchen to brush it up and make it look and feel like new again. Even the smallest touches can make a huge difference. So start now – the holidays are right around the corner!
Here are some festive and functional kitchen makeover updates to help you prepare for the busy holiday season:
1. Get New Countertops: With Granite Transformations, you can update and enhance your kitchen with a beautiful new countertop – it bonds over your existing countertop, so there’s no messy demolition, and installation is done in as little as one day. So…you can have a new countertop in time for your next holiday gathering! Your family and friends won’t believe it was done so quickly, and you can rest assured that you will enjoy it for years to come because it’s backed by a Lifetime Warranty. Function, durability and beauty in your kitchen – what more could you ask for this holiday season? www.granitetransformations.com.
2. Replace Cabinet Hardware: Replacing your outdated handles, pulls and knobs on your kitchen cabinets with more sleek and refined styles is a great way to make them look like new without dipping too deeply into your holiday budget. There are so many different finishes and styles to choose from, and they are very easy install – you can do it all yourself!
3. Add Under-the-Cabinet Lighting: Installing LED lighting under your kitchen cabinets can brighten darker areas and help show off your backsplash and countertops. LED lighting is long lasting, compatible with dimmer switches for mood lighting, and easy to install. They can also burn cool, making them safer and more energy efficient.
4. Add Storage in Creative Ways: Ease your busy holiday and baking routine by adding a magnetic knife rack and additional shelving to hold your spices, cooking oils and other go-to items for easy access. Utensils can be hung on a rod, a reclaimed wooden rack can be mounted on the wall to store wine bottles and glasses, and pots and pans can be hung from the ceiling on a rod for easy access. You can also maximize unused space by adding additional corner or open shelving for storage. This is a functional and easy way to make space for items that are used often (such as cookbooks, dishware and utensils).
5. Change Seat Cushions: Reupholstering your chair cushions with a fun new fabric can add a splash of color to your kitchen and instantly boost your décor to a new level. For chairs or stools with loose, tie-back cushions, the purchase of fun, bold colored cushions is a subtle way to add some holiday cheer to your dining area and make everyone feel at home around your table.
6. Add a Beautiful Area Rug: The placement of an area rug is one of the easiest ways to warm a room and bring instant color to your kitchen. Flat-weave or indoor-outdoor rugs are good choices to protect your kitchen floors and are easy to clean.
7. Add a Fresh Coat of Paint: Whether you paint your kitchen the same color or become adventurous and try something new, nothing freshens up a room like a fresh coat of paint. It will make it feel new, cleaner and more inviting for your holiday guests.
8. Window Dressing: Switching out your standard curtains or valances with floor length sheer curtains can help to tie the space together and give it cozier feel. A small detail such as the tieback or holdback style you choose can really complement the curtain design and add to the overall kitchen décor.
9. Display Cherished Holiday Heirlooms or Accent Pieces: Dust off your cherished holiday keepsakes and display them on a country hutch or open shelving. Not only is it a special way to share your memories with friends and family, but it gives you the chance to enjoy them throughout the season.
Now you Can “WOW” your guests this holiday season with these quick kitchen makeover tips. Happy Holidays from Granite Transformations!