Last Updated on March 19, 2020
As we continue to monitor developments around the world, we want to take this opportunity to provide you with an update on what we are doing in response to the coronavirus outbreak. The health and safety of our customers, staff and community are our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may feel right now and want to assure you we are taking the necessary steps so we can continue to provide you with the same level of service during this difficult time.
Some of these preventative actions include:
- We are encouraging all staff to take common sense health precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as frequent hand washing or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol to stay healthy.
- We are offering virtual in-home design consultations via Skype or FaceTime so that we can continue to provide you with a meaningful design experience.
- We are making sure our in-home consultation samples will be continuously sanitized and that our facilities are disinfected on an ongoing basis.
- Our etherium® by E-Stone surfaces are anti-microbial, nonporous and mold and mildew-resistant, which helps prevent the spread of germs.
We are committed to providing you with the best quality products for your home or business projects. And more importantly, we are committed to your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our staff. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit our website or call the location nearest you.
Last Updated on May 17, 2021
Is your backyard ready for outdoor entertainment? Warmer weather invites us to spend more time outside. Whether it’s hosting a pool party, backyard BBQs, romantic dinners under the stars or an afternoon brunch, there’s something about spending time outdoors that brings us a sense of peace and tranquility. If you’ve always dreamed about converting your existing outdoor deck, patio, porch or balcony into a cool place for friends and family to hang out, you’ve come to the right place.
This month, Granite and TREND Transformations wants to share some creative ways of transforming your backyard area into a five-star outdoor entertainment center that the whole neighborhood will be talking about. Additionally, these outdoor entertainment center ideas are easy on your wallet and can be completed in less time than you think!
Ask almost any host about their concerns and they’re likely to say not having enough seating is one of their biggest worries. When you’re entertaining outside, it’s vital that everyone has a place to sit and relax. Hint – dragging your kids’ bean bags and mismatched chairs from inside is not the answer. Here are some fun and creative seating ideas for your outdoor entertainment center:
- Fire pit seating—Arranging a set of colorful Adirondack chairs with a soft pillow on each seat around a fire pit is an easy and inexpensive way to create an intimate social circle where everyone can sit back and relax.
- Build your own bench—Cinder blocks and planks of wood are a great combination for an easy DIY bench that everyone will love. Simply tie a bright cushion to the planks, place on the cinder blocks, and voilà – extra seating! Did you also know that cinder blocks can be used in many ways to create seating of varying heights and shapes? Just add a super-comfortable cushion and it’s ready to go.
- Tire seating—Have a few old tires and some rope laying around? Check out this cool DIY project to create outdoor seating that doubles as storage space!
In addition to any of the fun and creative seating ideas listed above, upscale patio loungers and furniture can be set up to provide plenty of seating for all your guests.
Sun vs. shade
Sunshine can be a real mood booster but having an outdoor entertainment center with too much direct sun can limit the time spent outside and put a damper on your entertaining plans. Here are some options to keep yourself – and your guests – out of the sun or under the shade:
- Add an awning
- Install a pergola
- Place a large umbrella to cover seating area
- For a big change, build a covered bar area, complete with custom countertops, bar seating, elegant lighting, double sinks and a flat screen TV.
Incorporating one or more of these outdoor entertainment center ideas separates the space and creates a good flow to allow your guests to mingle from one space to the other. Additionally, it makes your space look bigger.
As the party host, how many times have you been stuck in the kitchen while your guests are mingling and enjoying themselves outside? This year, why not take your outside entertaining up a notch and create an outdoor kitchen space? Having a BBQ area is a good start, but designing a space where you can prepare, cook and serve is the ultimate outdoor entertaining center – not only for you, but for your guests. It allows you to be a part of the fun instead of disappearing into the kitchen. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Purchase a premade outdoor grill island. It not only gives you counter space and storage, but you can take it with you should you ever decide to move.
- Add a brick pizza oven, a smoker or mini refrigerator to take your space up a notch.
Depending on your level of DIY expertise – and your budget – you can create a backyard retreat that goes from simple and elegant to luxurious and over the top.
Choosing the right materials
When creating a beautiful outdoor entertainment center, you want to be sure to choose the right materials that will stand the test of time – not to mention the weather. Using weather-resistant materials is the way to go for maintaining a safe and beautiful outdoor area. Here are some suggestions on what to select for your outdoor entertainment center:
- Stainless steel appliances, which are easy to clean and resist corrosion.
- Sealed pavers or concrete flooring, which are low maintenance and easy to clean.
- Aluminum chairs are lightweight, affordable and won’t fade. It should be noted, however, these chairs can get very hot when left out in the sun for long periods of time.
- Wicker and wood furniture are good options since they are comfortable and sturdy. Wicker and wood, however, can be more pricey than other outdoor furniture.
Just a reminder: Bring patio cushions inside when they are not being used.
Think about the vibe
Music and lighting can set the mood for your outdoor space. It can also make or break the party if it’s not planned out. Here are some tips to keep the music playing, along with other suggestions so the fun continues well into the night.
- Install outdoor speakers. If available, stream music for uninterrupted enjoyment.
- If using a television for entertainment, place it in a shaded area away from direct sunlight to reduce glare and any damage.
- Install a fireplace or firepit for cozy conversation.
- Install a water feature for a serene backdrop. They also make great conversation starters.
- Install the right kind of lighting to keep the party going after the sun goes down.
- Consider space heaters and/or ceiling fans to keep you and your guests comfortable.
Are you inspired to create a new outdoor entertainment center? Whether you want to spruce up your existing space or are ready for a total backyard or patio makeover, now is the time to start thinking about what’s best for you and your entertaining needs. Plus, improving on your backyard space will not only increase your home’s value but it also provides a beautiful retreat for family fun all summer long.
Now is also a great time to think about a kitchen or bath renovation. Contact Granite and TREND Transformations today for a free in-home design consultation and see how our beautiful line of etherium® by E-Stone surfaces can transform your home in less time than you ever imagined.
Last Updated on March 11, 2020
The Granite and TREND Transformations experience is taking on an exciting new twist as we introduce our newest spokesperson to the design scene. Meet “Janet” – our new design guru who brings a smart, witty and no-nonsense approach to educating homeowners on a smarter way to renovate their kitchens and baths.
“People don’t want to be displaced from their home due to home remodeling, especially in the kitchen. Janet tells them exactly why Granite Transformations and TREND Transformations are the best options for their renovation needs.”
Vanessa Conde, Vice President of Marketing for RockSolid Granit
How “Janet” Makes it Happen
Home renovations can be stressful. Janet’s exciting personality and quirky style is the perfect balance when planning a kitchen or bath renovation. How does she do it? Janet uses her smart, witty and straightforward style to explain how using Granite and TREND Transformations’ proprietary etheriumTM by E-Stone surfaces, along with a unique top-over-top installation process, eliminates much of the stress and mess of a traditional home renovation.
“Janet presents the process and possibilities in an ‘I’ve got this’ manner highlighting how convenient, efficient and even fun it is to have a Granite Transformations and TREND Transformations renovation.”
Seeing is Believing
Want to see for yourself? Meet Janet here as she shows how easy a Granite and TREND Transformations renovation can be.
Contact us today for a free in-home design consultation and see how our beautiful line of etheriumTM by E-Stone surfaces can transform your home in less than time than you ever imagined.
Last Updated on March 4, 2020
Imagine swimming in the beauty and elegance of your own mosaic-lined pool. What you might imagine is a reality. It’s time to treat yourself and your family to the beauty and luxury you deserve. Granite and TREND Transformations can make it happen – and sooner than you may think.
As summer approaches, pool owners are counting the days to shake off the winter chill and dive into summer. While many homeowners spend a good amount of time and money beautifying their backyards, the surface of their pools may get overlooked. Today, savvy pool owners are looking at their pools in a whole new way as mosaic tile is transforming their swimming pools into works of art.
This month, we are showcasing some of our pool mosaic tiles, along with fun and interesting ways you can use mosaics in your home and backyard.
Yours could be next!
Boca Raton, Florida
For centuries, mosaic tile has been used to design works of art in Italy and around the world. Granite and TREND Transformations has captured this artistic integrity and blended it with the innovative technologies of today to bring the beauty of Italian mosaics to your own backyard swimming pool. Inspired by its Venetian glass foundry, the Orsoni Venezia 1888 furnace, the Group’s century-old materials take their place alongside today’s most advanced production. Granite and TREND Transformations is the source for homeowners looking to create beautiful mosaic masterpieces in their backyards.
Beauty in other places
Mosaic tiles can also add beauty to other places in your backyard – and even in your home. Here are some stunning examples of how mosaic tiles can bring a touch of old-world style to your backyard.
Mosaic Tile-Topped Table
This gorgeous mosaic tile-topped table is a an excellent example of the design possibilities you could have in your backyard. This table is sure to be a conversation starter!
Mosaic Tile Patio Inlay
Skip the area rug. This stunning mosaic tile inlay is the perfect way to add class and style to your seating area. Plus, it will never have to be replaced!
Are you inspired to add mosaic tiles to your pool or home? Granite and TREND Transformations can deliver what you want, when you want it. Contact us today for a free in-home design consultation. Adding European elegance to your home is closer than you ever imagined.