Top Paint Colors for 2012January 11, 2012 // Posted in:
Last Updated on January 11, 2012
According to Benjamin Moore paint color experts, below is a list of the top paint colors for 2012. These paint colors can help freshen your home and change the look of any room.
- Big Blues: In addition to Wythe Blue, two other shades stand out to the color experts at Benjamin Moore. The first is Montpelier, which is more on the steely side, continuing the attraction of gray-toned hues. Montpelier, like Wythe, was described as having a “timeless quality.” The second is Amethyst Shadow which, as the name implies pulls in a purple influence. Also bordering on the gray scale, Amethyst Shadow bridges the gap between purple and blue.
- Great Grays: Rich and smoky, soft and dreamy, shades of Stardust, Sharkskin, Nimbus Gray, and Revere Pewter and viewed as “hotties” for this category.
- Soft Neutrals: The public’s “perennial love affair” with whites and neutrals will be satisfied with whispering shades like Ballet White, White Dove, Refined and Pashmina. These hues are “go tos” that never go out of style.
- Color Kick: Urban-dwellers are known to be a bit more daring when it comes to paint choices. Spicy tones like Gypsy Love and Persimmon which offer a burst of robust, ruddy color, are a hit with this crowd.
- Mother Earth: The warm safety of earth tones make a big play in the 2012 palette. The troubled economy lends a hand to this trend as consumers are more likely to play it safe in terms of color in times of financial uncertainty. Tones here include Masada, Farm Fresh, Dunmore Cream and Fresh Olive.