The Benefits of Using Installers from Place of PurchaseFebruary 26, 2020 // Posted in:
Last Updated on August 17, 2022
Remodeling your kitchen or bathroom is a large undertaking, something that takes a lot of planning and attention to detail. After all, you’re creating a unique space that you’ll use almost every day for many years to come. The first part of any project is designing your space, of course. But it’s not the only thing you need to consider when it comes to your project. Choosing which cabinets, flooring, and countertops to go with takes careful consideration.
Once you’ve selected the perfect countertops, flooring, and cabinets for your kitchen or bath, it’s time to have them installed. But, when it comes to the installation, who do you choose to get the job done right? Granite and TREND Transformations wants to help you cut through the red tape. We have broken down the benefits of using in-house installers from the place of purchase over outside contractors. Here’s what you need to know:
When it comes to working with installers contracted with the company you purchase from, there are a few significant benefits you need to be aware of.
- Peace of Mind: In-house installers are specially trained to know the characteristics of their company’s materials and the proper method of handling them in the event of any unforeseen obstacles. This is a huge advantage and gives consumers the confidence and peace of mind knowing their countertops, backsplashes, flooring, and cabinets will be installed correctly according to product specifications.
- Cost: Installation costs are typically built in, eliminating any hidden or last-minute surprise charges to the bill. Knowing what you will be paying upfront helps to alleviate stress down the road. Remodeling any part of your home is stressful enough—no need to add additional worry about hidden fees!
- Timely Installation: Consumers can rest assured that their products will be installed in a timely fashion based on in-house scheduling. Retailers will typically schedule installation times at the time of purchase and provide a set day and time, taking the guesswork out of the installer’s availability. This allows consumers to tailor their own schedules around the installation, eliminating any stress or disruption in their daily lives. Additionally, as the installers are already working with familiar products, they can complete the installation in a timely manner. This ultimately saves you valuable time!
You don’t have to keep track of multiple companies or contractors. Using an in-house installer allows you to have a single point of contact for your project.
Benefits of Using Granite and TREND Transformations:
- When you choose Granite and TREND Transformations to perform your installations, you get even more benefits! At Granite and TREND Transformations, we do not use subcontractors to install our countertops – all installers are employed by the franchise and are specially trained to install Granite and TREND Transformations’ products.
- Installation costs are built-in to all Granite and TREND Transformations’ estimates.
- We offer quick turn-around times on most jobs since there is little to no demolition required with our revolutionary countertop overlay installation process. Most kitchen installations are completed in as little as one day and bathroom installations are typically completed within 2-3 days (depending on the job).
- Reputation: Using an outside contractor can be a hit-or-miss situation when it comes to finding a reputable company. Experts agree to get at least three estimates and check local agencies for consumer reviews and comments. It’s also a good idea to make sure the installer carries appropriate bonding and insurance and can provide references and even a portfolio of their work to give you an idea of how the finished project will look.
- Selecting the Slab on Your Own: Purchasing quartz or granite countertops from a company without in-house installers could mean you’re visiting stone yards to select the slab yourself. If you choose to go this route, experts suggest hiring an expert installer to accompany you when making your selection. This will allow the installer to inspect the slab to ensure that it’s free from any faults or weaknesses that you may not be able to recognize. Plus, they will make sure you are ordering the correct size and specifications for your space. Remember, this expert advice comes with a price so be sure to include any fees into your budget.
- Cost: The need to hire an outside installer/contractor for your countertop install could mean higher out-of-pocket expenses to you. You may find a better price on the slab, but the installation costs could off-set those savings. Costs will also vary greatly between contractors, so make sure you ask around and get multiple quotes. Don’t settle for the first quote you receive.
- No Warranty: Keep in mind that you may not have any recourse or warranty if you choose to purchase your materials first and hire an outside contractor to install your countertop after the fact. This could result in higher out-of-pocket expenses to you if something goes wrong.
Working With Granite and TREND Transformations
Is your home ready for a new kitchen or bath? We have ample products to choose from so you can create the kitchen or bathroom you’re envisioning. Our beautiful etheriumTM by E-Stone surfaces can turn your space from ordinary to extraordinary. Leave the stress behind and contact Granite and TREND Transformations for your free in-home design consultation. Once you’ve selected the perfect products, we can install your new kitchen or bathroom in as little as one day with no messy demolition.