If you’ve been eyeing marble surfaces for your next home renovation project, you’ve likely already stumbled across the cons of using marble for kitchen and bathroom countertops. Authentic marble countertops are porous, high-maintenance, and less durable compared to other natural stone countertops. Understandably, that’s enough to steer most homeowners away.
But what if you could enjoy the look of a marble kitchen without the added worry and maintenance? With etherium® by E-Stone marble countertops from Granite Transformations of Fairfield, you can.
Beauty of Marble, Benefits of etherium® by E-Stone
At Granite Transformations of Fairfield, all of the surfaces in our Marble Countertops Collection boast the timeless beauty of traditional marble surfaces, yet are made from quartz and recycled glass. These elements, together with our proprietary sealing agent ForeverSeal®, join to create a surface that’s nonporous, stain and scratch-resistant, and low-maintenance—perfect for backsplash, bathroom or kitchen countertops, walk-in showers, or even a fireplace.
Our marble countertops aren’t just easy to maintain—they’re also easy to install. Granite Transformations’ unique installation process requires little-to-no demolition and can be done in as quickly as one day!
Benefits of installing marble countertops with Granite Transformations
Find the Surface You’ve Been Dreaming Of
Interested in learning more about our marble countertop collection? Call Granite Transformations of Fairfield today to schedule your complimentary design consultation, or browse our entire collection of countertops and surfaces!
Transforming your seldom-used or outdated tub into a spacious, luxurious walk-in shower can give your bathroom a fast and practical upgrade. Granite Transformations of Fairfield specializes in bathroom renovations, including shower remodeling and tub to shower conversions.
Why a Tub to Shower Conversion?
Choosing to convert your tub into a shower can be rewarding, especially if you already have a functioning bathtub elsewhere in the home. Here are three ways a tub to shower conversion can add value to your home:
- A tub to shower conversion can free up valuable space in small guest baths. Large tubs can mean less room for storage, getting dressed, and counter space.
- For those who use mobility aids, showers make bathing more convenient. A zero-threshold shower can make entering and exiting easier for those who use wheelchairs, walkers, or other mobility aids by removing large walls and curbs that need to be stepped over.
- Large tubs and busy shower curtains can take up space and make a room feel crowded. Showers, especially walk-ins with clear glass doors, make a bathroom of any size feel open and spacious.
Need Bathtub Remodeling?
Bathtubs can hold their weight in value, especially when it comes to the homes of families with young children and dogs. For this reason, real estate agents often advise homeowners against a tub to shower conversion when there is only one bathtub in the house. But what if your sole bathtub is large and outdated? Granite Transformations can help! A new tub surround can dramatically improve your bathroom. Call today for more information about how we can transform your tub!
Design Options for Tub to Shower Conversions
At Granite Transformations, we offer a wide range of countertops, cabinets, tiles, and slabs for your bathroom remodeling and tub to shower conversion projects. You won’t have to settle for boring fiberglass or acrylic shower stalls ever again.
Concrete surfaces are one of the hottest new trends in interior design. Their rise in popularity can be attributed to their handcrafted beauty and versatility—they’ve come a long way from their industrial roots and can now be found in a wide variety of design styles. Whether your home’s style is modern or farmhouse, concrete countertops seem to be a rock-solid choice.
However, they do present some concerns that make us wonder if authentic concrete countertops are all they’re cracked up to be.
Authentic Concrete Surfaces: Why They’re Not All They’re Cracked Up to Be
Though we love the look of authentic concrete surfaces, they’re not the most ideal countertop material for bathrooms and kitchens. If concrete does one thing, it’s crack. Even when installed, sealed, and maintained perfectly, it’s impossible to have a concrete countertop without at least hairline cracks. They’re also susceptible to larger fractures due to pressure or natural home settlement—these cracks are almost impossible to repair and often require replacing the entire portion of the slab.
Here are a few other concerns that come with concrete surfaces:
- Concrete is porous in nature, and without proper sealant, can absorb liquids that lead to bacteria growth, cracks, and stains. Thus, you’ll have to seal natural concrete surfaces at least once a year.
- Concrete countertops are extremely heavy and weigh in at around 20-25 pounds per square foot. This often requires reinforcing cabinetry and flooring so they’re capable of bearing the load.
- Despite its common use, concrete is actually one of the more expensive countertop options. It’s considered a high-end material when used as countertops and their fabrication requires skill.
Get the Look of Concrete Countertops With the Benefits of etherium® by E-stone
At Granite Transformations, we offer a line of surfaces that mimic the look of concrete countertops yet boast the benefits of etherium® by E-stone. You’ll enjoy the aesthetic of concrete without the cracks, stains, weight, and expense.
etherium® by E-stone Concrete Countertops Benefits
- Sealed with our proprietary polymer resin, ForeverSeal®, all surfaces are heat, stain, scratch, mold, and mildew resistant.
- Our unique sealing agent ensures your concrete countertop surface is nonporous and will never need to be sealed, saving you both time and money.
- Each slab is handcrafted in our very own manufacturing facility, so the strength and durability of your countertop surface are guaranteed with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Made of quartz and 78% post-consumer recycled glass, etherium® by E-stone concrete countertops are an eco-friendly option for your kitchen or bathroom renovation.
Call Granite Transformations for Concrete Countertop Installation!
Ready to transform your kitchen or bath with the look of handcrafted concrete slabs? Call Granite Transformations today to learn more about our premium surfaces!
At Granite Transformations of Fairfield, we strive to make the demolition and installation process of any home renovation project quick and simple so you can focus on the fun part—making design selections that will turn your house into your dream home. That means when it comes to installing new kitchen backsplash, you’ll be spending less time looking up DIY backsplash installation videos and more time getting inspired to select the surface that captures your style.
Ready to get started? Call Granite Transformations of Fairfield today to set up your complimentary design consultation, or try out our new visualizer to design your space from the comfort of your home!
What’s in style for kitchen backsplashes?
With so many patterns and designs to choose from, backsplash gives you a unique opportunity to add character to your kitchen. Whether you want to add a pop of color with mosaic tiles or keep things sleek and modern by extending your countertop surface—Granite Transformations of Fairfield can help you turn your ideas into reality.
Here are a few of our favorite kitchen backsplash trends to help you get inspired:
Wanting to add color to your kitchen, but not ready to commit to painting your cabinets? Mosaic tile backsplash is sure to make a statement with hues ranging from red to blue. Mosaic tiles are also available in neutral colors for those looking for a more contemporary color pallet.
Subway tile backsplash has been increasingly popular as more homeowners opt for clean lines and minimal designs throughout their home. Whether you’re wanting the look of traditional white subway tile or want to add a pop of color, Granite Transformations has a wide variety of options to choose from.
Mother of Pearl Backsplash
The iridescent shine of mother of pearl backsplash is sure to add a level of sophistication to any kitchen. Our Metropolis Pearl Mosaic Tile offers the same elegance as mother of pearl while also offering depth by incorporating varying shapes and contrasting shades.
Matching Backsplash and Countertops
Want the sleek look of matching backsplash and countertops? We can do that, too! Extending your countertop surface up your wall creates a seamless, contemporary design and is possible with any of our countertop surfaces.
Call Granite Transformations for Backsplash Installation in Fairfield!