New Marble Trends for Your Kitchen and BathJuly 16, 2019 // Posted in:
Last Updated on January 12, 2022
Marble is undoubtedly one of the most luxurious and timeless materials. In fact, some of the world’s most iconic wonders have been created from marble. Today, this ancient beauty is making a comeback as marble is topping the charts as one of the hottest materials for today’s kitchens and bathrooms. This month, we will showcase our Statuario Collection and suggest some new ways you can bring a touch of history into your home with the latest marble trends for your kitchen and bath, giving your home a modern and beautiful twist.
Just the name – “waterfall island” – brings to mind a sense of peace and tranquility. So, what exactly is a waterfall island? Before you imagine yourself on a tropical island with cascading waterfalls, let’s talk kitchens for a minute. Visualize your kitchen island with a standard horizontal countertop. Now, imagine the countertop “cascading” down to the floor on either side as seen in this beautiful photo. It’s a striking example of how our Statuario Collection can add a luxurious statement to your waterfall island. This latest marble trend in kitchen design is making a big splash with homeowners as the choice of a marble waterfall island countertop is becoming a show stopping centerpiece of art in their kitchens.
Here are some benefits of having a marble waterfall island countertop to whet your appetite:
- Adds a timeless and luxurious look to your kitchen
- Allows for an uninterrupted look at the marble’s unique veining
- Pairs beautifully with modern kitchen details such as stainless-steel appliances
- Blends flawlessly into any home style, from contemporary to new traditional
- Can be customized with drawers, lower cabinets, and a second sink
- Great for casual dining and entertaining
- Conceals bar stools
Floor-to-Ceiling Marble Bathroom Walls
Marble creates a show stopping look in any bathroom. From the visual impact of floor-to-ceiling marble bathroom walls to adding a touch of it in other places, this classically luxurious material takes center stage no matter where you choose to use it.
Here are some beautiful examples of how to create floor-to-ceiling marble bathroom walls and special touches:
- Wall-to-wall – For a striking look that never goes out of style, wall-to-wall marble is the way to go. From floor-to-ceiling and all around your bathroom, a wall-to-wall marble bathroom sets the stage for old-world elegance in a modern world.
- Accent wall – Using marble on an accent wall is a budget-friendly way to have the look of luxury in your bathroom without breaking the bank. If your budget is limited, you may want to consider a marble backsplash instead. When it comes to beauty and elegance, a little goes a long way to getting that marble bathroom
- Work of art – Marble stands alone as its own work of art, so it’s not surprising to use touches of it in the right place to create the “wow” marble bathroom factor you’re looking for. Using marble on the front of a tub surround or creating a marble wall design are two examples of how to apply this beautiful material in an artistic way.
If marble bathroom walls aren’t your thing, you may want to consider a bathroom vanity countertop instead. Installing a marble vanity countertop is a quick and easy way to show off your design style while gaining the luxe look of a marble bathroom.
Granite and TREND Transformations makes it easy to achieve all of your marble fantasies for the home. This is because our products, like Statuario, can be used in a variety of applications – above and beyond just kitchen countertops and backsplashes – such as bathroom vanities, tub-to-shower conversions, tub surrounds, shower interiors, and flooring, among other uses. To learn more about enjoying the look of the latest marble trends for your kitchen or bath, contact Granite and TREND Transformations for a free in-home design consultation.