Last Updated on July 26, 2021
Life is all about balance. If the year 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that we all need to carve out some “me” time and create soothing spaces to nurture our well-being. Let’s face it: We all have a better time when we feel our best.
This month, Granite and TREND Transformations is featuring some beautiful ways you can refresh your home and nurture your soul to bring peace and balance to your life. So, sit back, relax, and get inspired!
Color your world
Color can have a powerful effect on your mood. Were you aware that when some people see the color red, it often makes them feel anxious, whereas other colors—such as blue and green—bring a sense of calm? Decorating your favorite rooms in soothing colors is an easy and fun way to turn your space into a relaxing retreat. Whether you choose to paint, hang wallpaper, or decorate with area rugs and throw pillows, incorporating soothing colors into your space can ease your spirit. Here are the top soothing colors along with the feelings they bring:
- Blue—Peaceful, calm, and gentle, the color blue can calm your mind and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Green—Symbolizing nature, the color green comforts the soul and makes you feel refreshed.
- Pink—Promotes tranquility, peace and balances the energies in a room.
- White—Symbolizing clarity and freshness, the color white can bring clarity to your thoughts.
- Violet—Signifying strength, peace and wisdom, the color violet has the capacity to bring balance and a feeling of inner peace.
- Grey—Brings a soothing and cooling presence and can create a relaxing atmosphere when paired with blues and whites.
Create a spa-like bathroom
Summertime is the best season to think about transforming your bathroom into a spa-like retreat. With just a few tweaks, you could be soaking up the luxury and pampering you deserve. Here are some easy ways to make this happen:
- Splurge on soft, fluffy towels. (Think about the soothing colors we discussed above when making your choices.)
- Indulge in a rainfall showerhead and enjoy the experience of cascading water flowing over your body.
- Soak away your stress in a soothing bath. Try using hints of aromatherapy, oils, or even bubbles!
- Hang eucalyptus in your shower. You’ll be amazed at the calming effect it can have on your mind. Plus, it smells great!
Don’t forget: The design professionals at Granite and TREND Transformations can help you create the bathroom of your dreams. And it can be completed in less time than you think. Not sure what look you’re going for? Check out our Visualizer Tool. It’s a cool technological innovation that allows you to see what your bathroom will look like BEFORE the renovation. Need some inspiration? Check out our favorite looks here.
Getting back to nature
There’s just something about plants that instantly brings a sense of calm to a room—not to mention beauty and some major health benefits. If you’re looking for a beautiful and easy way to soothe your soul, decorating with plants is the way to go. Not sure which plants are best? Check out our blog, “Best Indoor Plants for Your Optimum Health.”
We all can’t be best-selling authors; however, expressing yourself through the written word is known to be one of the best ways to release stress and calm your mind. Whether you jot down your thoughts at the end of the day or find a quiet spot in the shade on a summer’s day, keeping a journal is one of the best ways to express yourself.
Dabbling in the arts
The arts bring out the expressionist in all of us. Whether you’re one to draw stick figures or create a stunning masterpiece, trying your hand at painting, ceramics, artistic movement, or whatever moves you, is a wonderful way to set your mind on “pause” and do what brings you peace and happiness.
Taking nature walks is a great way to spend family time and explore the beauty of the great outdoors. Whether it’s hitting the trails of your favorite park or even taking a walk on the beach, immersing yourself in a natural setting can renew your energy and reset your mind for better well-being.
We hope you enjoyed this month’s blog from Granite and TREND Transformations. Whether you try one—or more—of the summer project ideas listed above, the goal is to make the effort and take the time to practice whatever it is that brings you peace and relaxation. If you’re thinking about a kitchen or bath renovation, now is a great time to explore our beautiful line of etherium® By E-Stone surfaces. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home, or virtual, design consultation with one of our design specialists. We look forward to hearing from you.
Last Updated on July 23, 2021
Introducing ‘All White’ from Granite and TREND Transformations
Granite and TREND Transformations is excited to introduce ‘All White,’ the newest color in its Crystal Series of etherium® By E-Stone surfaces. Bright and beautiful, All White speaks for itself, as this elegant addition to our collection is sheer elegance and pure beauty at its finest.
It’s all in the name
For centuries, the color white has remained a timeless classic, and people from all walks of life have been drawn to it for its clean and crisp vibe. Drawing upon this notion, we at Granite and TREND Transformations took our design skills to the next level. We created a surface that is not only beautiful, but also eco-friendly and—as with all of our etherium® By E-Stone surfaces—is enhanced with built-in Microban® antimicrobial technology.
How All White is made
All White and the Crystal Series from Granite and TREND Transformations is part of our recycled glass collection. It is engineered stone composed of quartz and glass, which gives this collection a shine not seen in other materials. Its one-of-a-kind and sophisticated modern look not only blends beautifully with any décor, but also comes with low maintenance qualities and is friendly to the environment.
Benefits of All White recycled glass countertops
- Surfaces are made with up to 72 percent post-consumer recycled glass from sources such as beer and liquor bottles that are combined with semiprecious stones to create a unique product that is unmatched in quality.
- Made with ForeverSeal®—our proprietary sealant that makes the surface scratch, stain, heat, mold, and mildew-resistant, nonporous, and easy to clean.
- Versatile surface comes in a variety of colors and patterns that will add to any style and décor.
- Can be used for vanities, showers, tub surrounds, and flooring.
Built-in Microban® Protection
Our etherium® By E-Stone surfaces have always been nonporous and mold/mildew, heat, stain, and scratch-resistant. Now—with the enhancement of Microban® antimicrobial technology—they’re even better! The built-in Microban® technology creates an inhospitable environment for bacteria growth and inhibits its reproduction and ultimately prevents it from reproducing. And, did you know that etherium® By E-stone is the only engineered stone surface that offers 24/7 Microban® protection? Now this is a product that’s a real timesaver!
All White is the perfect design partner
It goes without saying that white goes with everything. So, why wouldn’t you use it in your kitchen or bathroom? Today’s look is clean and bright. All White offers you all that plus the flexibility of pairing it with colors and designs that are a bit bolder. Whatever your design taste, All White is the perfect design partner for your kitchen, bathroom, and even your floors. Check out our All White video on YouTube here!
Is your home ready for your refresh? Our new All White surface is the ultimate choice in refreshing the look in your home. Contact us today for your free in-home, or virtual, design consultation.
Want to get a head start? Check out our Visualizer tool and see for yourself. It allows you to see how your space will look BEFORE the renovation! Try it today!
Last Updated on August 1, 2022
The coastal look is so much more than decorating in blues and greens. It’s about creating a space that brings a sense of peace and tranquility. As we embrace this summer as a time to reconnect with friends and family, it comes as no surprise that the “coastal vibe” is trending as one this season’s most sought after looks.
This month, Granite and TREND Transformations is excited to share with you some of our favorite coastal looks and helpful design tips that can bring a light and breezy feel to your home. Get ready to be inspired!
Our gorgeous line of etherium® By E-Stone surfaces go way beyond kitchens and baths. It can be used as stunning flooring, as you can see from this beautiful coastal living room. The neutral hue and polished look combine to create the perfect palette to show off this eye-catching look.
Whether you live on the coast or somewhere in between, creating a coastal vibe in your kitchen begins with light and airy tones. This casual but elegant kitchen features gorgeous glass-front cabinets in a shell-colored tone, paired with sandy-colored walls and plenty of sunlight for basking in the afternoon sun.
Move over wallpaper. Mosaic tile is today’s “design diva” and it plays center stage in this striking coastal-inspired bathroom. Soft shades of blue and green create a soothing and whimsical look that bring a refreshing twist to the space.
Whether your lanai overlooks the sea and sand or grass and geraniums, adding a coastal touch can be as easy as swapping the traditional outdoor rug for a beautiful coastal-inspired floor. Include a potted palm tree and fun seat cushions and you’ve created a relaxing coastal look to enjoy all season.
Design tips for creating a coastal look
If you’re loving what you are seeing, then read on to learn some easy design tips to help you bring a coastal look into your home:
- Neutrals are best—Coastal looks are all about light, airiness and casualness. Sticking with neutrals is the easiest way to bring in pops of color without overpowering the look. Some great examples of beautiful neutrals include crisp whites, soft greys, soft sandy tones, and dreamy creamy neutrals.
- Go with your view—Whether you have a beach house, lake cabin, or a house in a neighborhood, creating a coastal vibe is all about designing around your view and choosing colors that you see. For seaside homes, choosing bluish tones of the sea is a beautiful way to tie in a coastal look, whereas homes nestled within a neighborhood will look fabulous in shades of neutrals and soft greens with pops of color.
- Casual furnishings—If a casual, coastal look is what you’re going for, you’ll want to ditch the rugs and go with solid flooring. Furniture should be made from durable, user-friendly material. Try using slipcovers. Or, you can opt for the trendy wicker or rattan-style furniture with coastal-colored cushions.
Are you inspired to bring a coastal look into your home? Granite and TREND Transformations offers a vast selection of etherium® By E-Stone countertops and surfaces, mosaic tile, and cabinets in today’s most popular design styles and colors. We invite you to schedule your free in-home, or virtual, design consultation. Our skilled design professionals are ready to help you create the space you’ve been dreaming of. Contact us today.