Last Updated on June 2, 2020
Granite and TREND Transformations is excited to announce our new partnership with Microban®! Microban® is a cutting-edge antimicrobial technology that is built into etherium® By E-Stone products during the actual manufacturing process and has a long history of safe and effective use that lasts for the lifetime of a product.
The etherium® By E-Stone surfaces offered by your local Granite and TREND Transformations store have always been non-porous and mold/mildew, heat, stain and scratch resistant. Now – with the introduction of Microban® antimicrobial technology – they’re even better!
Our exclusive partnership with Microban® allows our etherium® By E-Stone surfaces to be the only engineered stone products to offer 24/7 Microban® protection. The built-in Microban® technology creates an inhospitable environment for bacteria growth, inhibiting their reproduction and ultimately preventing them from reproducing.
How does it work?
What are the benefits?
etherium® By E-Stone surfaces are extremely versatile and are perfect for a wide variety of residential and commercial applications, including:
- Kitchen countertops and backsplashes
- Bathroom vanities and backsplashes
- Shower walls and tub surrounds
- Medical and dental facilities
- Bars and restaurants
- Hotels and other hospitality venues
- Schools and colleges
- Automotive dealerships
- Public and government buildings
- Military bases
- Transportation hubs and airports
- Work spaces
- Mixed-use spaces
- Religious institutions
There are many benefits to etherium® By E-Stone surfaces. Here are some we know you’ll love:
- Heat, stain and scratch-resistant
- Mold and mildew-resistant
- Our ForeverSeal® Technology means you never need to reseal your surface
- Easy to clean
- Manufactured in the USA
- Proud partner of Microban®
Etherium™ By E-Stone: The only engineered stone surface that offers 24/7 Microban® protection.
Contact your local Granite or TREND Transformations location to see etherium® By E-Stone for yourself and learn more about our new partnership with Microban®.
Last Updated on August 1, 2022
Quartz countertops continue to increase in popularity as today’s homeowners are choosing this material for its beauty and practicality. But how much do you really know about quartz? This month, Granite and TREND Transformations has put together a fun quiz on some facts and fictions about quartz that will test your knowledge and keep you in the know when deciding on a countertop surface for your home. They all tie in to our beautiful etherium® by E-Stone surfaces. See how many you know. No cheating. The answers are below.
FACT OR FICTION?
- Quartz countertops are man-made.
- Quartz is the most abundant and hardest mineral on Earth’s crust.
- Quartz can be made to look like granite, marble and other natural stones.
- Quartz is nonporous, and thus does not require sealing, which decreases the chance of harmful bacterial growth on the surface.
- Quartz chips and cracks easily.
- Quartz is stain- and heat-resistant.
- Quartz weighs less than granite and has a unique veined appearance.
- Quartz is well-suited for outdoors and direct sunlight.
- Quartz is a great option for large surfaces.
- All manufacturers of quartz are created equal.
Let’s see how well you did.
- Fact. Unlike natural slab granite (which produces naturally on Earth), quartz countertops are a blend of natural quartz and polymer resins.
- Fiction. Feldspar is the most abundant mineral found on Earth’s continental crust (with quartz coming in second). Diamonds are the hardest minerals found on Earth.
- Fact. By adjusting the process, the texture of quartz can be manufactured to be fine or coarse. By adding pigments to the mix, the material can take on a palette of varying colors.
- Fact. Granite and TREND Transformations offers a wide variety of quartz countertops that are part of our exclusive etherium® by E-Stone product line. They are maintenance-free and permanently sealed with ForeverSeal® technology – our proprietary sealing ingredient that ensures your surface will never need sealing.
- Fiction. Quartz is naturally dense and hard, making it highly resistant to chips and cracks.
- Fact. Since quartz is nonporous, it’s a champion at resisting stains. And when it comes to heat, quartz stands up to hot pots and pans with equal strength – taking the stress out of busy cooking nights.
- Fiction. Quartz weighs more than granite and – due to its unique manufacturing process – has a uniform appearance.
- Fiction. Quartz is not recommended for outdoor installation since direct sunlight and prolonged heat exposure can damage the material.
- Fact. Since it is manufactured in long, thick slabs, quartz is perfect for large surfaces (such as countertops and islands) and can be installed in one piece.
- Fiction. There are several quartz manufacturers in the industry. But not all are created equal. Granite and TREND Transformations’ etherium® by E-Stone products are made at an exclusive manufacturing plant in Sebring, Florida, allowing us to have complete quality control over our products. We use unique proprietary processes which give our products their exclusive look and sets them apart from the rest. That’s why we can back our products with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
We hope this fun and informative quiz has answered some of your questions about quartz countertops. No matter how many questions you answered correctly, you now have the knowledge as an educated consumer to make the best choice the next time you’re in the market for a new countertop. And don’t forget about your backsplash and cabinets. Most Granite and TREND Transformations jobs can be completed in as little as one day. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation.
Last Updated on May 13, 2020
May is the month to spring into action by getting your backyard ready for summertime fun. Making your space beautiful and functional is easier than you think. By setting aside a weekend or two, you could have your backyard ready for summer without missing a trick.
This month, Granite and TREND Transformations has put together a summer to-do list with great backyard ideas to help you get your backyard looking great all summer long.
Inspect Your Deck or Patio
Decks and patios can take a beating in winter weather. Now is the time to inspect your deck for any loose boards, railings or missing nails. And don’t forget to check for rot and mildew. For your patio, check for any cracks or peeling paint. You’ll want to make any and all repairs first. Then, thoroughly pressure clean the area and stain or seal the surface to keep it looking beautiful all summer long. Don’t forget: Your deck or patio is a high traffic area, so make this a priority. Safety first!
Take Inventory of Your Tools
You may have forgotten that you ditched your old rake last season, or about needing a new shovel. Don’t be caught in the last-minute trap of having to hunt down your tools. Taking inventory now will save you time later and give you an idea about which tools you need, as well as ones to replace.
Clean Out Your Garage or Shed
You knew this one was coming – but it’s a necessary evil in preparing for a stress-free season. Discard any old or broken items and clear the way for your summer supplies and tools. To make this space even more organized, try installing shelves and hanging hooks on the wall to keep items like hoses or long-handled tools out of the way and within reach.
Take Out Patio Furniture
Setting up your patio furniture brings excitement to the day in knowing you’ll be enjoying the outdoors sooner than later. Inspect the cushions for any mildew or tears and check the legs to make sure they didn’t come loose. Give the table and chairs a good cleaning and set out a pretty centerpiece or plant as a way to welcome the season.
This is one thing you don’t want to put off. Now is a good time to treat your landscaping. Schedule an appointment early in the season to ensure you’ll have a pest-free backyard before the fun begins.
Clean the Grill
Nothing says outdoor fun better than a backyard BBQ. Now is the time to give your grill an overhaul so you can fire it up safely. If you’re using a charcoal grill, be sure to discard any old ashes, and clean it inside and out to remove any lingering grease or dirt. For gas grills, clean the connections and racks and be sure to stock up on propane.
Light Up the Night
Installing outdoor lighting is a beautiful way to enjoy the warm summer nights. It not only adds to the ambiance but keeps the area safe by illuminating dark areas where there may be steps. Tip: Try using solar-powered stake posts to light up walkways or areas of interest, like a fountain or fire pit.
Check Your Fence
Your fence can either be your yard’s greatest accessory or its biggest eyesore. Keeping it looking good is up to you. Now is the time to check your fence for loose or rusted hinges, rotted posts or pickets, and any other damage that may have occurred over the winter months.
Trim, Rake, and Weed
Trimming, raking, and weeding may not be your favorite things to do, but you’ll be happy you did these tasks early in the season. Recruit the kids and have a backyard clean-up party. Give everyone a section to work on and before you know it, you’ll be done. Focus on trimming any overgrown shrubs, raking out garden beds, and pulling unsightly weeds that have taken over. When you’re done, fire up the grill for a quick BBQ.
Open the Pool
Opening the pool is the by far the official start of the season. Keep in mind, however, that not every state may be warm enough in May. If you live in a warmer climate and are ready to open the pool, be sure to have all the proper chemicals and supplies ready to go. Also, you’ll need to prepare the pump and filtration system along with installing any handrails, ladders, diving boards, and safety fences that were removed during the winter.
Feed the Birds
If you’re a “friend of the feather” and have a bird feeder in your backyard, you’ll want to check this out. There’s no doubt you enjoy watching the birds feed in your backyard. But when was the last time you cleaned the feeder? Can’t remember? If that’s the case, now is the best time to clean out the bird feeder and have it ready for your summertime friends. Dirty feeders can lead to germs and the spread of disease. And no one wants that. Keep your feathered friends healthy and full this season with a clean bird feeder. (This also goes for nesting boxes and bird baths, too!)
Summer is also a great time to start thinking about a kitchen or bath renovation. Contact Granite and TREND Transformations today for your free in-home design consultation. Let us show you how our beautiful line of etherium® by E-Stone products can transform your home into a space you’ve always dreamed of – and in less time than you ever imagined.